Daniel 3:28 "Nebuchadnezzar said, "Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who has sent his angel and delivered his servants who trusted in him. They disobeyed the king's command and yielded up their bodies rather than serve and worship any god except their own God"
faithful & fiery furnaces - the furnaces are still there, praying for the faithful.
lawlessness - rebellion - the wicked prosper - everyone else is doing it
no longer black or white, the new age commandments are clear:
be as honest as you can afford
love your neighbor, as long as it doesnít cost anything
do all things to the glory of God as long as its profitable.
How can we live as a Christian, and do what God wants us to do?
deliver us from evil - sometimes it means we are thrown in the fire.
purpose of being thrown in a fire [not about criminals avoiding punishment]
We MUST obey God rather than man, and if the world punishes us for obeying God, then as God deleivered the 3 men from the fiery furnace, so God will deliever us.
The Promise -all things worth together for good...
- for faithfulness, not for evil
- testing our faith, that we may plumb the depth of Godís gift
- as a witness to those do do not know, nor believe of the grace of God
- the Lordís Supper as a type of suffering to a good end, bringing salvation
- the Lordís Supper as oneness with God, and with eachother, sharing in the fiery furnace
- the Lordís Supper as a witness to the salvation of God
But deliver us from evil. We pray in this petition, in summary, that our Father in heaven would deliver us from every evil of body or soul, possessions, reputation, and finally, when our last hour comes, give us a blessed end, and graciously take us from this vale of tears to Himself in heaven.